I hope you all had a restful and fun half term.
We are now officially half-way through the school year and there is still so much to look forward to.
We have many special events still to come as we progress towards the end of the year:
• World Book Day (this Thursday). If your child wishes, they may come to school dressed as a book character.
• Comic Relief (Friday 18th March – information to follow)
• Bikeability for Y5s (and any Y6s who missed it the first time). This will take place from Monday 8th April. More details to follow.
• Additional Swimming sessions are also taking place for our Y4 and Y5s starting on 21st March.
• Our ‘Schools Beat police officer’ will also be visiting us to discuss online safety later this term.
This term, the main focus for our topic work will be Science and Geography.
We will be studying Adaptation, Evolution and Inheritance in Science, and Biomes in Geography.
These topics link together perfectly and are really fascinating.
I would like to make some ‘terrariums’ with the children. These are essentially mini biomes in bottles with living plants. If anyone has any large clear bottles that you could donate, that would be amazing 🙂 I am looking for bottles larger than the standard 2 litre Coke bottles.
Our PE lessons continue to be on a Thursday afternoon.
Please ensure that your child has the appropriate kit, especially footwear.
For this term, we have a new creative topic homework grid which compliments our learning in Geography and Science. Spellings, Maths and Reading will continue to be sent home weekly.
SATs for Y6s
If you are a Y6 parent and were unable to attend the meeting about the tests, please let me know via Tapestry and I can try and reschedule another one for those who missed it.
Any questions on any of the above, please get in touch,