The last few weeks of the academic year are slowly creeping up on us all.
There are a number of events scheduled for the last few weeks which may apply to you.
These dates are detailed below for your information and are also on our website’s calendar.
- Monday 12th June – Friday 16th June – Year 5 children will be completing Bikeability. This is ongoing all week.
- Monday 12th June – Class 4 to Redwood.
- Wednesday 21st June – SPORT’S DAY – 1:30pm at Slimbridge Recreation Ground
- Friday 23rd June – INSET DAY. Only teachers at school.
- Mon 26th June – Wed 28th June – The Y6s are away at South Cerney on their camping trip.
- Thursday 29th June – STEP UP MORNING. All children will visit their new teachers and classes.
- Friday 30th June – Parents are all invited to their child’s classes for a maths calculation morning from 9 – 10am.
- Wednesday 5th July – Class 5 on a trip to Cheltenham Everyman Theatre.
- Thursday 6th and Friday 7th July – DRAMA CLUB – whole day rehearsals at the Village Hall for The Lion King.
- Tuesday 11th July – THE LION KING – Morning dress rehearsal at the Village Hall and performance to the whole school.
- Wednesday 12th July – THE LION KING – Matinee performance for parents. 1:30pm at the Village Hall
- Thursday 13th July – THE LION KING – Evening performance for parents and family. 6pm at the Village Hall
- Friday 14th July – STEP UP MORNING – all children to visit their new classes. Year 6 to REDNOCK.
*****FRIDAY 21ST JULY – Y6 LEAVER’S ASSEMBLY 1:30PM AT THE VILLAGE HALL.
Welcome back, we hope you have all had a lovely Easter break. This term our focus story will be ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’ and we are launching this with a trip to the woods on Monday! Over the course of the term we will be learning our new story with actions and exploring it in lots of different ways including: acting out the story; retelling it using toys and puppets; learning Goldilocks songs; creating art work based on the story; writing our own versions; making and tasting porridge; building new chairs for baby bear; and setting up a ‘Three Bears’ Cottage in the shed…. We look forward to sharing our learning with you on Tapestry. Please let us know if you have any questions or ideas. We would also welcome different versions of our story to read to the children. As always, we will follow the children’s interests so we may go off in a few different directions along the way!
Childnet has a lot of free advice for parents and carers regarding online safety. The downloadable leaflet below give parents and carers advice about how to talk about the important issues such as:
CONDUCT – Helping children understand the impact that their online activity has on themselves and others.
CONTENT – As parents, carers and teachers, it is our responsibility to ensure that children are accessing appropriate things online. As we know, many websites, games, YouTube videos etc may not be entirely appropriate for children to it really pays to be aware.
CONTACT – Who are your children contacting online? Are they friends or complete strangers?
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SET UP PARENTAL CONTROLS ON YOUR DEVICES? This is an essential way of ensuring that your children are using websites that are age appropriate.
www.saferinternet.org.uk has some handy tips on how you can do this. Just click on the link below:
On this coming Friday (3rd March) we will be celebrating WORLD BOOK DAY.
Don’t forget to dress up as WALLY!
The children loved learning an exciting new dance with Annet from World Jungle. They were able to perform it for the whole school! Here are some photos from the day…